Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Random and Symbolic Un-Victories

In 2012, November, I bought a bic.  It was at the stop and pee.  The usual bic lighter.  I needed a fire in the upstairs fireplace and had not a match in the house. It had a flag motif of Red White and Blue.  I have had it ever since.  This is unusual for me because I lose such things in the Hansel and Gretel trail of my belongings which I leave wherever I may be. 

Sometime later I bought a red bic.  This is because I knew I would lose the red white and blue one.  I week ago a friend came over and left a blue bic.  I was bic rich!

The Patriot lighter gave out but I was so proud I had it for more than a year keeping it in it's special place!  I took up the blue one.  That's when I discovered that Jerry didn't leave the blue lighter, he abandoned it knowing it was out of fuel.  So it was on to the red one. 

I seem to have lost the red one. 

I am beginning to realize how much details with no significance have to people who are idle. 

Maybe I will buy an adjustable Bic this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment