Sunday, October 27, 2013


Still Saturday

Since retirement my motto is "Every day is Saturday" This has caused me to have to undertake a new naming scheme for the days of the week. Today is Saturday so it is "Sat-Sat"; yesterday was Fri-Sat - you get the drift.

The other day I was going to my friends house when it struck me that I was still retired. I hadn't been in touch with that for a while and it made me giddy. Today is a trip to a friends house where I shall play three or four fiddle tunes and where I shall have Kraut Rouladen; cabbage rolls stuffed with good stuff.  

Fiddling if coming.  I am playing out from time to time.  There is a jam this afternoon at the Burbank Grange.  I'm headed for dinner so will miss that.  Still I am playing some nights at Washington Old Time Fiddlers (WOTFA) and the jams at Round Table Pizza in Richland and Pasco.  I'm presently working on "Devil's Dream" and "Liberty" and playing them with "Ash Grove", "Amazing Grace" and "Ashokan Farewell"

I have been trying to clean up my home office by throwing out 15 years of neglect.  So far the plan is a simple one; On Garbauge-Day have my 128 Gallon status can at the curb full of offerings for Trash Tringle.  Presently my home is like one of those puzzles where you shove the little numbers around in the frame to get them in order; I have to plan an escape route for every piece of stuff I throw out.  If I am to arrange some papers I have to create a spot for them to go before I can do the arranging.  So far the office is one-third picked up and I have made a shrine for my cigar humidor.  I have thrown out seven crates of an estate I worked on, and personal records back into the 1990's. I have stuff in the office that I have been stepping over for more than a year; it all needs to go. 

At least my collection of fiddle music is in one pile and I have my three hole punch located along with my notebook so my music might actually go in one folder.  (I'm not too optimistic as prior attempts have resulted in several books which are badly organized and, at this time fugitive.

My border who was to pay rent or preform labor left under the cover of darkness leaving small appliances, food and clothing.  He paid no rent, he preformed no labor having laid around downstairs for weeks at a time.  His name is Jeff Dollins; he claims to be a contractor.  I have witnessed his work ethic and should you be approached by him for anything he is best avoided because he is worthless and does not keep his word. 

In any case, I have my basement back and will retake the man cave for the Winter.  I need a new TV for down there and I'm set.  Just need a bigger TV. 

1 comment:

  1. Well hello Art! What a nice surprise to see your posts this month! I haven't been blogging much over the summer. I go through periods of time when I just can't think of one thing to write except for a grocery list.

    I have a home office that I look at every single day and tell myself that "this weekend" I'm gonna clean it up ... been telling myself that for 5 years now. I do once a year use the "blank page" method of cleaning it up. I remove every single thing and replace back what I really want to keep. Problem is I have a hard time getting rid of stuff, but at least it gets organized a bit.

    Thanks for the heads up on the lazy contractor.

    Stay warm and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete